10 Photo Ideas to Warm up Your Living Room
2) Find a style that makes you comfortable. Do you want an artsy feel, a more structured look, or do you like the casual feel of clusters?
3) Mix up the types of photos you use as living room decor. You won’t want every photo to be the same type (for example: all people, all buildings, or all trees). Adding a little variety will break it up and add some character.
4) On the flip side, don’t use too many different types of photos. If you have a picture of a horse, a baby, the beach, a skyscraper, etc. You can see how conflicting they would look and would draw away from the overall feel you’re trying to achieve.
5) Get creative when you decorate your living room. One cool trick is to use one photo, get it enlarged to your liking and split it into three different pictures. Then frame them and place them on the wall with some space in between.
6) Choose frames wisely. Before you decorate your living room with pictures, take into account your other furniture and accents. You’ll want your frames to complement your theme. You can use the exact same frames, all different frames, different shapes, different colors, it’s your choice.
7) When decorating with pictures, don’t forget the colors of your walls. This will create the pallet for which you can express your creativity through pictures. Use pictures to complement the existing color or paint your walls.
8) Use lighting to accent your photos and warm up your living room. If you have a favorite photo that you’d really like to draw attention to, use a light to highlight that specific one.
9) Don’t get stuck on the idea that all your pictures have to hang on the wall. To warm up your living room try placing photos stacked against each other on a bookshelf, laminate them and place them on top of a side table, place large photos on the floor underneath a long table. Don’t be afraid to be different.
10) Consult others and look at a lot of other people’s ideas. You can copy their ideas or use them as a starting point to create your own. This will start the creative process.
Did you know Your First Canvas is FREE!
Create Your Photo Canvas Now